Do you know you can prevent cavities? Tooth decay, also known as cavities can severely damage your oral health, and lead to severe problems in your future. That is why avoiding this condition is essential to the health of your smile. To give you more information on how to prevent tooth decay, our dentist, Dr. Nils Sandstrom with Nils F. Sandstrom, DDS in Palos Heights, Illinois, is happy to share some information with you.
Here are tips and tricks to preventing tooth decay and why it is important to your oral health:
– Are you showing signs of enamel erosion? Does it appear as if your tooth enamel is wearing down? If so, you are suffering from tooth decay.
– One of the biggest risks for tooth decay is plaque buildup. Plaque arises as a thin layer on your teeth that can convert substances in your mouth into harmful acids that will chew through your tooth enamel.
– Have you ever lost any teeth before? If you leave tooth decay untreated, you will.
– If you are showing any signs of tooth decay, be sure to visit your dentist for the appropriate treatments.
– Cleaning your smile is one of the most important things you can do to lower your risk of tooth decay. This includes brushing, flossing and using mouthwash.
– Cavities will occur if tooth decay goes untreated.
If you let tooth decay roam freely in your smile, then you can find yourself with painful conditions and a serious lack of teeth in your future. If you have questions about your oral health, or if you would like to come in for a dental checkup, then please call us at 708-388-2500 to make an appointment. Our dental team is happy to work with you and help you with your teeth decay troubles.