Are you familiar with the proper techniques of how to care and clean your dentures? If not, you have come to the right place! If you have dentures, then it’s important to know how to care for them correctly so that you can keep your dentures in tip-top shape for years. That is why, our dentist, Dr. Nils Sandstrom with Nils F. Sandstrom, DDS in Palos Heights, Illinois, is happy to help you learn more about how to care for your dentures properly.
Here are some tips and techniques for providing proper care and attention to your dentures:
– Due to the fragile nature of dentures, always handle them with care.
– For repairs or replacements for your dentures, visit your dentist.
– Never leave your dentures sitting around, as they will dry and crack. Always place them in plain water or a denture cleaning solution. Cleaning your dentures should be done daily to make sure they are safe for use. Before placing them back into your mouth, rinse them off.
– Dentures have come a long way in recent years and can be crafted for maximum comfort. They can be reshaped and resized for your mouth as needed. Dentures can be created for as little as one tooth or for entire rows of teeth.
– Abrasive cleaning materials should never be used on your teeth. This includes hot water, bleach or teeth whiteners.
As you can see, there are ideal ways to care for your dentures properly. If you need help with your dentures or if you have questions about if they are right for you, please call us today at 708-388-2500 to make an appointment. Our dental team is happy to assist you and your smile with your new dentures.