Do you have any missing teeth that you wish you could replace? Are there uncomfortable gaps in your mouth, where food tends to get lodged? Is your speech impaired due to tooth loss?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, you may be a candidate for dental implants. A dental implant is an artificial tooth used to fill the empty gaps left behind by a lost tooth. A few of the benefits include:
– Natural-looking: Dental implants mimic natural teeth.
– Osseointegration: The bones around the implant can strengthen to hold the implant tighter via a process known as osseointegration.
– Customization: Each implant is fully customizable for color, shape, size, and fit.
– Facial reconstruction: Dental implants can return a face to its original shape prior the lost tooth.
– Durability: Dental implants can last a lifetime.
– Bone loss prevention: Dental implants can prevent bone loss.
– Normal eating habits: You can return to your normal eating habits with dental implants.
– Strengthen jawbone: Dental implants can strengthen the jawbone, which becomes weak and can deteriorate when teeth are not held in place for support.
– Aesthetics: Dental implants can give you a better smile.
– Stability: Dental implants can prevent shifting caused by bone loss.
If you would like to know more about dental implants, please make an appointment with Dr. Nils Sandstrom by contacting our dedicated staff at Nils F. Sandstrom, DDS via phone at 708-388-2500. You can also stop by our office in Palos Heights, Illinois. Let us help you with all of your oral healthcare needs!